Looking great for your new headshot is easy, and at Jennifer Gilbert Photography, your Tottenham and Alliston Headshot Photographer, we do everything to make things simple and easy for you.
Your brand is more than just your logo or company name. It is everything about you that you want people to see. To sum it up nicely, it is who you are and what you do. For the sole entrepreneur, you ARE your brand. The way you display yourself on your website, social media sites, as well as in person, is very important. You need to have an up to date and professional headshot.
Here are a few tips when choosing your clothing and appearance:
- The layered look! Choose a blouse or shirt with jacket or sweater over top.
- Avoid wearing too much white; creams or beiges photograph better.
- Choose solid colours that compliment each other.
- Have your hair styled before your appointment.
- Make sure your face is free from facial hair, adjoining eyebrows or rogue nose/ear hairs.
- 3/4 length or long sleeve shirts are best.
Fashion faux pas:
- Please avoid striped and plaid shirts.
- No striped or plaid shirts, please.
- Did I mention no striped or plaid shirts?
- Avoid sleeveless shirts unless you are wearing a sweater over top.
- avoid clothing that has large writing or logos. A small logo is fine.
- Ties, Scarves, necklaces, earrings and bracelets – YES!
- Watches, FitBits or other wearable tech – NO!
Makeup – no need to worry! I’ve got you covered with Adriana Walsh Makeup. Her expertise will make sure you look and feel glamourous!
Arrange your outfits ahead of time, including accessories, and determine which outfit would be best. Choose an outfit that flatters your body type. If possible, have your hair styled before the session and wear makeup that is natural looking but slightly heavier than usual. Avoid sleeveless shirts which tend to not flatter adults, as well as clothing with a logo and/or bold patterns.
If you’re having trouble picking out an outfit, all you have to do is give me a call! I will help select something perfect for you.
Are you ready to book your new headshot with me, your Tottenham and Alliston Headshot Photographer? I would love to see you in my studio soon!